I am available for presentations and workshops. I offer 45 min - 1 hour Guild meeting topics as well as half day and full day workshops.
Please contact me for more information about my rates and the topics below. firstname.lastname@example.org
Presentations (approx 1 hour - $300):
- My Quilting Journey from Namibia, Africa to Vancouver, Canada about how I got started with quilting and where I am today. Powerpoint and trunkshow.
- Creative Applique by machine - Get out of your applique rut as we explore multiple methods to expand your creative applique skills. Powerpoint and trunkshow with technique tutorials.
- One dozen ways to bind your quilts. Yes! Let's explore how you can spice up your quilts with different finishes. Powerpoint and trunkshow with demo's of some of the techniques.
Workshops (half or full day, Rates on request):
- Applique in-the-hoop: Have you noticed how much machine embroidery is now seen on quilts? Best of show in the CQA/ACC National Juried Show 3 times in recent years were digitized and machine embroidered masterpieces. Would you like to discover how you can add embroidery to your quilts? This workshop is for you! You would need access to an embroidery machine for this full day workshop. Supply List available for attendees. There is a fee per person for the embroidery designs.
- Granny Squares? Remember the crochet squares Granny made? Yes, well we can make quilt fabric granny squares about as quickly as with a crochet hook! Learn how to turn your scraps into an unusual and super quick quilt which is also quilt-as-you-go. Each block is quilted and just needs to be joined to other blocks. No binding needed for this quilt! A sewing machine is needed for this half day workshop. Supply list available for attendees.
- Quilted Bags: Refresh your piecing & quilting skills as you make a practical and pretty set of 3 bags. A small totebag and 2 matching zipper baggies - all made with charm squares. Supply list available for attendees at this full day workshop.
I do have other topics which we can discuss should that be necessary.