Is your serger a big white paperweight? You may need to dust it off and make friends with it!
Or do you only use your serger to neaten seams..... sometimes?
Let's cover some basic ground so that you can banish your apprehension about your serger!
In this series of comprehensive workshops, we will explore:
- When and where do I use 2 thread? 3 thread? 4 thread? 5 thread? Rolled hems? Flatlock?
- Master gathering and sewing elastic with your serger >> Lingerie and more
- Quilting with your serger? >> YES, let your serger assist with quilting!
- Blanket stitch on a serger? >> YES - let me show you how to edge blankets, fleece & more.
- Home Dec. items like drapes, bed linen, table linen etc? Discover the advantages of using your serger for these tasks.
- Hints and tips for garment construction with your serger
- Discovering how your differential feed can work for you.
- Hints and tips for serger success with different types of knit fabrics.
- Use your new or renewed serger skills to make a classic white summer t-shirt. Pattern and fabric is included in the workshop fee.
What do I get when I register for this series of Serger workshops?
- All video links (pre-recorded). There is 1 video for each of the comprehensive 4 part series.
- PDF Serger workbook & Notes to use while watching the videos.
- Swatch kit of suitable fabrics to use with your Serger for samples for your workbook.
- Pattern & fabric for making a T-shirt to put your serger skills into practice.
One on one Zoom session (1 hour)
Free Shipping of the kit (within North America - Canada and the USA)
This workshop series is suitable for ALL brands of sergers provided your serger is in good working order and you have a working knowledge of how to operate it. These workshops will focus on kicking your serging up to the next level so that you can start utilizing the full potential of your serger.
HOWEVER, if you require basic operation tutoring (such as threading) you may book an individual Zoom session with me ahead of time (see below) or use your Bonus one-on -one Zoom session.
You may be interested in: https://sewwithliz.com/products/new-sewing-coaching-with-liz-one-on-one-or-small-group-sessions
Queries are welcome: firstname.lastname@example.org