Is your serger a big white paperweight? You may need to dust it off and make friends with it!
Or do you only use your serger to neaten seams..... sometimes?
Let's cover some basic ground so that you can banish your apprehension about your serger!
In this series of comprehensive workshops, we will explore:
- When and where do I use 2 thread? 3 thread? 4 thread? 5 thread? Rolled hems? Flatlock?
- Master gathering and sewing elastic with your serger >> Lingerie and more
- Quilting with your serger? >> YES - let your serger assist with quilting!
- Blanket stitch on a serger? >> YES - let me show you how to edge blankets, fleece & more.
- Home Dec. items like drapes, bed linen, table linen etc? Discover the advantages of using your serger for these tasks.
- Hints and tips for garment construction with your serger
- Discovering how your differential feed can work for you.
- Hints and tips for serger success with different types of knit fabrics.
- Use your new or renewed serger skills to make a classic summer t-shirt. Pattern is included in the workshop fee. I will give you advice of what are good knit fabrics to use for the T-shirt and you can purchase the colour you wish. The fabric is not included in this workshop fee.
What do I get when I register for this series of Serger workshops?
- All video links (pre-recorded). There is 1 video for each of the comprehensive 4 part series.
- PDF Making Friends with your Serger workbook & Notes to use while watching the videos in 4 parts.
- Swatch kit of suitable fabrics to use with your Serger for samples for your workbook.
- PDF (downloadable) Pattern for making a T-shirt to put your serger skills into practice. You will purchase your fabric separately so you get to decide what fabric/colours you prefer. The pattern requires approx 1.5m of fabric depending on your size (1.15m-1.75m), the cropped or longer length or whether you make with short or long sleeves. A cotton or cotton blend jersey knit with at least 30% stretch will work. Refer to the pattern for more information.
There will be a total of 8 downloads that will be emailed to you automatically. The shipment of swatch fabrics will be shipped as soon as possible after you place your order for this Course on serging. It should arrive within a week or so, maybe sooner.
Bonuses you also get when you register:
One on one Zoom session (1 hour) You can break this up into 15 or 30 min sessions if you wish - Maybe you have questions after watching each video?
Comprehensive eBook PDF on Liz's top 50 Tips for Sewing Garments with knit fabrics valued at $12.50
FREE shipping of the swatch fabrics within North America.
AND you can email me with any questions. I like to look after you so that you fully understand the comprehensive content I have prepared for you.
This workshop series is suitable for ALL brands of sergers provided your serger is in good working order and you have a working knowledge of how to operate it. These workshops will focus on improving your serger skills up to the next level so that you can start utilizing the full potential of your serger.
HOWEVER, if you require basic serger operation tutoring (such as threading) you may book an individual Zoom session with me ahead of time (see below) or use your Bonus one-on -one Zoom session for this purpose.
You may be interested in: https://sewwithliz.com/products/new-sewing-coaching-with-liz-one-on-one-or-small-group-sessions
Queries are welcome: firstname.lastname@example.org