Is your serger a big white paperweight? You may need to dust it off and make friends with it!
Or do you only use your serger to neaten seams..... sometimes?
Let's cover some basic ground so that you can put your apprehension about serging aside!
In this series of comprehensive workshops, we will explore:
- When and where do I use 2 thread? 3 thread? 4 thread? 5 thread? Rolled hems? Flatlock?
- Master gathering and sewing elastic with your serger >> Lingerie and more
- Quilting with your serger? >> YES, let your serger assist with quilting!
- Blanket stitch on a serger? >> YES - let me show you how to edge blankets, fleece & more.
- Home Dec. items like drapes, bed linen, table linen etc? Discover the advantages of using your serger for these tasks.
- Making and attaching piping to projects with your serger
- Hints and tips for garment construction with your serger
- Discovering how your differential feed can work for you.
- Hints and tips for serger success with different types of knit fabrics.
- Use your new or renewed serger skills to make a classic summer t-shirt. Pattern, fabric and serger thread is included in the workshop fee.
Pre-recorded video links covering the topics above will be provided and this will be followed by a Live Zoom session a week after the release of the each new video - one video & one Zoom session per week for 4 weeks. This group Zoom is for Q&A and show & tell of your serger techniques and T-shirt. The Zoom sessions will be recorded and made available to you if you are not able to attend live. You will have access to watch the videos and the Zoom session recordings for a year - until May 2024.
The workshop fee includes:
- All video links and group Zoom sessions (live & recorded).
- PDF Serger workbook to use while watching the videos.
- Pattern & fabric for the T-shirt. You will be sent info about fabric choices after registration.
- Swatch kit of suitable fabrics to use with your Serger for samples for your workbook.
Video links will be released to you by email on:
28 April & 5; 12; 19 May.
Live group Zoom sessions will be held on each following Saturday:
6; 13; 20 & 27 May at 10am Pacific /1pm Eastern.
Zoom code will be emailed to you ahead of the Zoom sessions. The link to the recording of these sessions (in case you cannot attend) will be emailed to you within 1-2 days of each Live Zoom session.
Registration for these workshops will close on Saturday 1st April to allow time to ship your kit to you.
This workshop series is suitable for ALL brands of sergers provided your serger is in good working order and you have a working knowledge of how to operate it. We are not going to cover basic operation like threading or what the buttons & knobs are for in this series. It is assumed you have had your owner's lessons with your dealer or have worked your way through your owner's manual. These workshops will focus on kicking your serging up to the next level so that you can start utilizing the full potential of your serger.
HOWEVER, if you require basic operation tutoring you may book an individual Zoom session with me ahead of time here: https://sewwithliz.com/products/new-sewing-coaching-with-liz-one-on-one-or-small-group-sessions
Queries are welcome: firstname.lastname@example.org