Is your serger a big white paperweight? You may need to dust it off and make friends with it!
Or do you only use your serger to neaten seams..... sometimes?
Let's cover some basic ground so that you can banish your apprehension about your serger!
In this 2 part online pre-recorded video class, we will cover the following:
- Anatomy of a serger - What are all the buttons & knobs for?
- Stitch length adjustment - why adjusting this can really help with some fabrics/projects?
- Discovering how your Differential feed can work for you.
- Pressure foot pressure adjustment - why do I need this?
- Cutting width adjustment - when do we use this & why?
- Comprehensive PDF Work Book to explore all the stitch programs on your serger and use the included kit fabric stitch samples to attach to your workbook pages for future reference.
- When and where do I use 2 thread? 3 thread? 4 thread? 5 thread? Rolled hems? Flatlock?
- Hints and tips for garment construction with your serger
What do I get when I register for this Serger Basics workshop?
- Video links (pre-recorded). There are 2 videos for this Serger Basics course.
- PDF Notes and Workbook to use while watching your videos.
- Swatch kit of suitable fabrics to use with your Serger for samples for your workbook. (FREE shipping anywhere in North America)
There will be a total of 5 downloads that will be emailed to you automatically. The shipment of swatch fabrics will be shipped as soon as possible after you place your order for this Serger Basics Course. It should arrive within a week or so, maybe sooner.
Bonuses you also get when you register for this workshop:
One on one Zoom session (1 hour) You can break this up into 30 min sessions if you wish - Maybe you have questions after watching each video?
Comprehensive eBook PDF on Liz's top 50 Tips for Sewing Garments with knit fabrics valued at $12.50 FREE with this course.
FREE shipping of the swatch fabrics within North America.
AND you can email me with any questions. I like to look after you so that you fully understand the content I have prepared for you.
- AND Sew with Liz Club - once a month I hold a FREE Live Zoom session (3rd Wednesday of each month) which you are welcome to attend and ask any questions you may have. Zoom link is published on my Facebook group a day or 2 before the Club.
- AND Sew and Learn with Liz Thompson Facebook Group - Please join if you are not already a member. This is another place where you can post questions and pics of your projects and gain inspiration from what others are sewing, serging, embroidering etc.
This Serger Basics workshop is suitable for ALL brands of sergers provided your serger is in good working order and you have a working knowledge of how to operate it. These workshops will focus on improving your serger skills up to the next level so that you can start utilizing the full potential of your serger.
If you require basic serger operation tutoring (such as threading) you may book an individual Zoom session with me ahead of time (see below) or use your Bonus one-on -one Zoom session for this purpose.
You may be interested in: https://sewwithliz.com/products/new-sewing-coaching-with-liz-one-on-one-or-small-group-sessions
Queries are welcome: firstname.lastname@example.org